We went out to Temple Square last Sunday. I had such a great time with my family. Two sister missionaries took us around and we watched a movie about familes. It has been a really long time since we were there, I would highly recomend going and seeing this movie if you have not. Towards the end of the movie Mack snuggled up to me and had tears in his eyes and told me that he loved me and that he loves our family and this movie. Mack is so busy all of the time but for just a short moment he was still and felt the spirit. I am so thankful we were able to go and have such a fun time.
I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny new sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a staion wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my sholder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
Marjorie Pay Hinkley
Marjorie Pay Hinkley
No comments:
Post a Comment