Dean Everett Salmon
1932-2011
"His lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of the lord."
Matthew 25:23
My Grandpa Returned to his Heavenly Father on Thursday December 29, 2011. I have been so lucky to have him in my life for so long. I grew up in the same ward with both my Grandparents. While growing up I think I saw them almost everyday. I feel like they have had such a huge influence on my life. While I was pregnant with Carli I had the chance to go back to my home ward and my Grandpa got up and bore his testimony to me. I will never forget that day and how much it meant to me. My Grandpa served in the Air Force as a Prop specialist in the korean war. I love this picture. While he was away Grandma Sharon asked him to get a picture and send it to her. I think he looks like a
movie star.
My Grandma & Grandpa met at East high school. I love that they were high school sweet hearts. They were married in the Salt Lake temple in 1952.
My Grandpa was the best Grandpa. He was always taking us places. In most of his pictures he is holding one of his kids or his grandkids. He was so loving. He took us golfing, to get hay, to run errands, golfing, camping, fishing and golfing. He use to tell the Grandson's that golf stood for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden. Ha, ha, the funny thing is he took the girls too.
My grandpa had the bluest eyes. This is such a handsome picture and how I remember him while I was growing up. Those Glasses bring back so many memories. It's so funny how something so little can bring memories back.
My grandpa always made me feel like I was his favorite Grandchild. He always had a smile on his face and had a story to tell. Most of his stories got a little far fetched but they always ended with him sharing his feelings, standards, or testimony.
Grandma and Grandpa love each other so much. They were married for almost 60 years. They raised a great family, served in many church callings, served a mission, worked in the temple, and now my Grandpa has important work to do in the spirit world. My grandpa loved missionaries. He worked hard to help his sons serve missions and he helped 4 grandsons go on missions. If you know my family you know that we are big time scouters. A couple of years ago at our family christmas talent show Bridger asked all the eagle scouts to stand and give the scout law and oath with him. All of the men in that room were Eagle Scouts. Bridger Dean said to me "that he wants to keep that legacy."
This is one of the last pictures that was taken of him. I love it because even though he is so sick and tired, he still has a smile on his face. Grandpa was hospitalized a week before Christmas. I was able to visit him often. I brought him a cross word puzzle and he was so excited to try and do it. On christmas day my mom, dad, and all the kids went and gave Grandpa the sacrament. It was such a neat experience. I felt the spirit so strong. Grandpa knew it was his time. He fought hard. He started going down hill the doctors took him to get a xray and his lung collapsed when they laid him back. We were able to gather at the hospital and share our stories about him. He was sedated and on a breathing machine, but when I held his hand and said I love you the most grandpa, he wiggled his foot and gave my hand a squeeze. We all gathered around him, we all were touching him and my Uncle gave him an amazing blessing. I have never felt that way before. I was so sad, but comforted and at peace all at the same time. He passed away from complications of pneumonia and long term cancer. I am so thankful for the life he lived. For the gospel in my life. For the plan of salvation.
It is so comforting to me that I will be with my Grandpa again.
Grandpa, I love you the MOST!
It is so comforting to me that I will be with my Grandpa again.
Grandpa, I love you the MOST!








3 comments:
Such a sweet post, loved it! Grandpa will carry in our hearts forever, he was the best example and I'm so blessed to have been so close to him as I'm sure you are. Xo
So so sweet and beautiful! I love all of the pictures and story of his life. You are so amazing and positive and you can truly feel how much you all love each other.
I am so sorry!! I loved your grandpa. Hope you are doing alright. Also Happy Belated Birthday also. Love you so much!!!
Post a Comment