I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny new sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a staion wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my sholder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
Marjorie Pay Hinkley

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pack's Pumpkin Patch










Bridger's pre-school went to the pumpkin patch on tuesday.  Bridger was so excited to go.  I made the mistake of telling him he was going the night before.  He didn't go to sleep until one in the morning.   We had so much fun picking pumpkins.  Devan Pack the owner read the kids a story and showed them all kinds of pumpkins and squash.  Devan said they should pick a pumpkin the size of their head.  Every time Bridger shows someone our pumpkins he says this is my head.   

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so cute! I love the pictures!

Jamie said...

Cute! Did Joan tell you I am coming next weekend! I am planning on spending all day Friday (the 24th) in Bountiful...mark your calendar and don't make plans!

Emilee Wolters said...

How fun! Don't you love the fall time? I bet Bridger loves having Reggie in his class...cousins are the best :) Are you doing hair yet? I hope you're feeling better soon. We'll be down for Thanksgiving and I would love to see ya...I might need a color too?

Becki said...

Who needs Disneyland if he gets so excited for the pumpkin patch lol. What a cute little guy.

Our Youngberg Family said...

you have so many cute pictures I love them. thanks for showing me how to do this I love it!