Grandpa's ward had him dress up as the grinch for their Christmas party so we went to sit on his lap. It was so much fun, they also had Kate (the dog) wear one antler, we didn't end up with any pictures of that sorry. What a fun Grandpa!
I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny new sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a staion wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my sholder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
Marjorie Pay Hinkley
Marjorie Pay Hinkley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carl is so awesome. Could you see my dad dressing up as the Grinch. Heck No! The pictures are way cute.
Post a Comment